The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 hungry snake!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GirlHarry Posted - 20/07/2009 : 20:18:29
so strawbles just ate two hoppers, which normally would be fine, but one was normal 'hopper size' and one was hoooooooge.

she took quite a while taking it down, and struggled around the shoulders.

basically, will snakes keep eating as long as you offer food to them? or do they have the will no think "nope! full!" ?

thank youuu
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bluerain Posted - 21/07/2009 : 08:36:58
Agree with Scott on the Mountain Kings front, mine will only eat what they want even if offered more!! My female bi-coloured Honduran on the other hand is a bucket, and just doesnt know when to stop!!
jono2411 Posted - 21/07/2009 : 08:36:14
same... one week poirot didnt wanna eat coz he was in shed so i gave the mice to The Baron so he ended up eating 6 mice that week... left him a while after that..
lee2308 Posted - 20/07/2009 : 23:46:21
mexis definatly dont know when to stop,when i first got mine and didnt know better he took 4 mice and still wanted more
Triangulum Posted - 20/07/2009 : 22:10:57
Without knowing the names of your Snakes, I could of quite easily geussed Jasmin was your King! Greedy animals!

Scott
magneticblue Posted - 20/07/2009 : 21:59:12
Sylar will turn food down when he's had enough. So far Jasmin has refused nothing!
Triangulum Posted - 20/07/2009 : 21:51:20
Does sound very appetising for her indeed!

Take it easy,
Scott
GirlHarry Posted - 20/07/2009 : 21:43:13
oh okay!
thank you very much.

i think two hoppers is quite enough for her!
Triangulum Posted - 20/07/2009 : 21:38:01
From past experience, I find Milksnakes and Mountain Kingsnakes to prefer small and plenty instead of one and large. I think it is just in there nature, being such shy animals. Interms of Strawbs, Milksnakes tend to have enough, Kingsnakes on the other hand, Like your Californian's and Mexican Blacks, they will keep going!

Saying all of the above, Straws may just be a greedy Milk, And might have the same attitude as a Mexican Black when she smells food. Each snake is an individual in their own rights.

Scott
GirlHarry Posted - 20/07/2009 : 20:19:51
typo! "to think"*

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000