The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 Trio and tail damage

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kehhlyr Posted - 09/03/2009 : 12:13:47
I took Trio down to vets and a decent and honest rep place today, both had a look at him for me.
Vet said tail damage was due to a severe impact and burning.
Rep guy said it looks like tail was trodden on or something similar, plus it's been burnt.
So 2 different people said the same thing with me only telling them it was a rescue snake.

Even though i had a good look at his tail earlier, I didn't notice a small lump next to his vent, but it was pointed out to me and I got told that it's basically scar tissue from the impact, which could have been getting trod on, or having the tail getting closed in a viv door practically right on the vent.

Seeing as he was out for a checkover, when i went to put him back into the viv i accidently took a few piccys before he went back in.

Cardinal sin, I know. Just posted them on the piccys section.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kehhlyr Posted - 04/04/2009 : 23:44:01
Yup, have found him now.

Had a good check over his body after this evening, and aside from a small scratch about an inch long on the top of his body at the thickest part he is undamaged.

He had a nice poo in his viv this evening as well, so he's obviously eaten something on his travels as well. Wasn't a big poo, but it was still enough to let me know he's had something in the past 3-4 days. Gonna have to keep a closer eye on him now, just to make sure he hasn't caught anything.
When i noticed the poo, that's when I really had a good look at the scratch, just in case it was teeth marks from a mouse he could've caught. It's definately a scratch, it's only marked the scales, no pierced or missing scales at all. I can only assume it has come around from him trying to squeeze through a tiny hole somewhere.
wolfspirit Posted - 03/04/2009 : 10:38:03
Phil, have not seen you on here, have you found him yet? was thinking about him last night.
wolfspirit Posted - 24/03/2009 : 07:10:43
bless him, he is enjoying his freedom..lol..

good luck tonight...maybe at his age he is wiser..he he he...
Kehhlyr Posted - 23/03/2009 : 23:16:40
Had rats out last night, no nibbles at all.
Got some more for this evening, gonna lay these out in different places to see if I can get a result.
I've also heard noises again behind the bath panel so that seem to be my best tonight.
magneticblue Posted - 23/03/2009 : 12:51:21
Good luck with the search mate
lee2308 Posted - 23/03/2009 : 12:33:48
sorry to hear that phil,hope you find him.
wolfspirit Posted - 23/03/2009 : 12:25:19
Can you get a rat pup and brain it before you warm it up, then warm it up with a hair dryer so he gets a whiff of it...

He likes rats...maybe he would come out for this...
Kehhlyr Posted - 23/03/2009 : 11:16:49
Phone has been playing up Wolfspirit, I haven't had any texts from anyone.

And yes Lee2308, he escaped last week.
He was in viv above my corns and the same night my male corn started chasing the females around their viv, he forced his way out of his.

I've done bottle traps and flour marks on the fllor so far, but the only sign i've had is snake marks (twice now) in the kitchen. I have suspended floors in my house, and he's going under the floor next in the kitchen where the central heating pipes go down through the floor.
It's only a matter of time before he's caught.
Being under the floor there should be no way he could escape. Unless you speak to the press, they put an article in my local paper and came round, and because the viv is next to the front door, they've stated that he 'could've' escaped through the letterbox.

I haven't corrected them, just in case he does get out, at least the locals know.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7946200.stm
lee2308 Posted - 21/03/2009 : 23:33:18
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

dont think your getting my texts, so have to ask here.

Have you found him yet?

have you lost him kehhlyr
wolfspirit Posted - 21/03/2009 : 22:43:08
dont think your getting my texts, so have to ask here.

Have you found him yet?
wolfspirit Posted - 17/03/2009 : 07:24:00
i am so glad he is doing ok, maybe he likes your smell, he is dead nosey though.

Would love to see more pics of him.
magneticblue Posted - 14/03/2009 : 15:41:55
Good to hear he's doing good
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/03/2009 : 22:20:43
Trio is settling in fine, he still has an issue with exploring his water bowl every time it gets changed. For some reason, he HAS to check the entire bowl, as soon as it's gone in.
Since going to the vets, he seems to be really settled and is coming out for 10 mins later, i'll let you know how he gets on with his first proper play-time.
wolfspirit Posted - 12/03/2009 : 12:09:36
How is Trio doing? Just sitting here thinking about him
Kazerella Posted - 11/03/2009 : 12:16:30
She's either understanding or mad

3 monitors! you need a hippo carcus a week to feed those

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000