The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 Pinky defrosting advice please :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GirlHarry Posted - 08/03/2009 : 12:47:12
I've only fed my milk once since having her, she's due a feed next thursday. I was wondering how long pinkies take on average to defrost with everybody?

Last week, i put it in a bowl of warm water and it took about 20minutes as i thought that would defrost it properly, then wrapped it up in kitchen roll and warmed it up on the radiator for a few minutes.

Just curious how long it takes everyone else and if anyone has a better technique!? It took me ages to defrost it so i wondered if i was doing it wrong...

thanks
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 11/03/2009 : 12:17:30
I hope you are joking Kehhlyr!

And I get called a scrubber in our house for wiping my hands on my jeans after feeling the mouse with my fingers!
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/03/2009 : 22:55:07
I used to hold mice against my top lip to see if they were defrosted properly.
The top lip is very sensitive, and you can feel really well if there's any cold bits.
bluerain Posted - 10/03/2009 : 20:50:08
I just pop them into warm, but not hot water for about 15mins! As said, just give it a squeeze to check its defrosted right through, you sometimes have to top your water up, as it cools quite quickly!!
magneticblue Posted - 09/03/2009 : 16:57:34
Sounds very wise to me
GirlHarry Posted - 08/03/2009 : 19:40:06
ok thanks. i was just curious as when i felt the pinkies body, it seemed fine, but his skull felt really cold so i left it a bit longer in the water to defrost!
magneticblue Posted - 08/03/2009 : 16:19:47
I just leave mine on the side for a couple of hours then warm it up on the radiator. As serpentseven says, as long as its thoroughly defrosted then its fine
Gingerpony Posted - 08/03/2009 : 13:32:10
been a while since i was defrosting pinkies and fuzzies...................!
as long as it's squishy through the middle (ie. the mouse's guts have defrosted) when it's fed it should be fine

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000