The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 please help with temp

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Darren Posted - 28/01/2009 : 22:12:05
Can anyone help please I having trouble keeping the temp up around 30 c at night in the viv .
In the day I got a heat mat on and a light on. over night only the heat mat as I don’t want to upset the snake with a light on all the time but the temp go’s down to around 20c below 70 f and worried the snake is to cold at night
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
magneticblue Posted - 01/02/2009 : 12:01:25
I personally use a pulse proportional but my understanding is that either will work ok
Darren Posted - 01/02/2009 : 11:02:36
Thank you for all your info on the heat for my snake.
I have order ceramic bulb heater kit on e-bay and they say use a Pulse proportional stat but on here you use a
Dimming stat which one is the best one to buy for the viv.

lewy Posted - 29/01/2009 : 20:46:57
We've just set up up Evra (our Royal) on a ceramic with a dimmer stat - and the temps are constant, no fluxuation at all so far. I'd reccommend it! But like GP says... make sure you have a stat and a guard.
Gingerpony Posted - 29/01/2009 : 20:40:44
a slight drop over night is fine but 10 degrees might be a bit much as you said. is the heatmat on a thermostat? what substrate are you using? if it's something like aspen or beech chippings try thinning the layer covering the heatmat so more heat can get to the snake. too thick a layer will insulate the heat from the snake.
MBs suggestion of a ceramic is good as you can leave the same heat source on all the time (with a stat!)
magneticblue Posted - 29/01/2009 : 18:51:15
Have you thought of using a ceramic instead of a light emitting bulb?
lee2308 Posted - 28/01/2009 : 23:23:39
is the thermometer measuring the lights heat during the day and not close enouth to the mat for the night?
matty18714 Posted - 28/01/2009 : 22:17:44
I dont think it matters as long as it doesnt drop below 20*C. If the heat mat in the viv or under it?

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000