The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 still not keen on feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lee2308 Posted - 27/01/2009 : 22:47:13
Even though the handling seems to be getting better,not long sessions,but friendly.my mexi still seems to show no interest in food.
I have had a brained mouse in the viv for 12hours today but has'nt even given it a second look,he did take 1 last week after leaving it in the viv but not even a sniff this week.Is there some thing that kings cant resist?i have had him out this evening for a few minutes and all was good,then he started vibrating so i let him go back in.Should i try something else,I have a feeling that the previous owners might of been feeding live prey(judging by their character) but i dont want to go down that route.Any suggestions.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 30/01/2009 : 12:25:15
Thanks everyone,he's still chunky so must be ok.
Kazerella Posted - 30/01/2009 : 12:13:51
I agree with Magneticblue, it's the time of year so don't worry.

Nagini has woken up after a 2 month brummation and still didn't eat the rat I offered. I would have thought she would have be starving, but she wasn't.

He'll eat when the spring kicks in
lee2308 Posted - 28/01/2009 : 23:20:09
I think its might be that its still not totaly comfy with being handled,but we are starting to make progress,should i put off the handling until its feeding properly.
Darren Posted - 28/01/2009 : 21:28:14
I had the same with my snake when I first got her she not eat all the time I left a mouse in for 24hrs and she not touch it. but now she settled she eating every week the last time I gave her a mouse she went for it so hard she taken the head off the mouse so he get there just give him time
magneticblue Posted - 28/01/2009 : 16:56:14
If he took one last week he should be ok for the time being. Sylar still isn't eating regularly at the moment so it could still be something to do with the time of the year. Keep persevering, you're doing all the right things.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000