The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 settling in

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lee2308 Posted - 16/01/2009 : 14:12:43
I would prefere to leave him for a week to settle down roperly before i get him out to feed him but the previous owners said it was fed 2 weeks ago,i would'nt take there word for it.Should i wait a full week and give him a good rest as i think he's had it pretty stressful.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gingerpony Posted - 24/01/2009 : 20:16:14
sometimes snakes vibrate when they're on a heatmat. it feels bizarre when they're on a mat on a pulse stat!
lee2308 Posted - 23/01/2009 : 23:02:06
Just thought id give give you all a update on how things are going,been having very short handling sessions(1-2mins),some times not even fully out of vivHe still seems very on edge and seems to vibrate when he's had enough and then i let him go back in,is this vibrating normal?Anyway he's not showing aggression and is allways keen to make his own way out of the viv as soon as the doors open, just nervous and i think im making progress.Slowly slowly catchy monkey as they say
Gingerpony Posted - 16/01/2009 : 20:05:38
leave him a week, try a feed, leave him for a few days to digest it then start handling. a potential 3 weeks without food shouldn't be a problem, afterall they can't go to the freezer and heat up a mouse in the wild i'd probably defrost a second helping for him though just in case. if he leaves it, if it's not been out for 24 hours, it should be fine to refreeze and feed another time.
matty18714 Posted - 16/01/2009 : 18:07:44
Im sure you wouldnt want another musking either
lee2308 Posted - 16/01/2009 : 17:18:45
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

I would also leave him to it for a week or 2. He wont want you hassling him

And i wont want him sinking his teeth into me
matty18714 Posted - 16/01/2009 : 16:31:01
I would also leave him to it for a week or 2. He wont want you hassling him
Kazerella Posted - 16/01/2009 : 16:09:23
I would, because he'll not eat if stressed anyway, so it would be a waste of a mouse.

Let him settle

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000