The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 strange behaviour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TLT Posted - 06/01/2009 : 14:26:01
hey all had my king for about a month she has been fine up to now but in the last 3 days her skin has gone very dull and her eyes hav a glazed look about them and barely moves, she is eating well i hav uped her food to two pinkies as 1 was not satisfying her hunger she has also become very aggressive since these changes.
As this is my first snake i am a bit concerned for her welbeing so any help would be much appreciated thanks TLT
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Grumpy Posted - 11/01/2009 : 12:54:58
My Blair's likes to climb, I put some of the vine ropey stuff in for him, spends a lot of time on it.
magneticblue Posted - 11/01/2009 : 11:39:33
My king climbs quite a lot and has falen many times but so far hasn't hurt himself as far as I'm aware. They seem to be quite tough
TLT Posted - 10/01/2009 : 21:54:54
oh yea thanks magneticblue i was thinking cuz she had just shed n forgot bout just feeding her. also how tough is a snake cuz she likes to climb but wen she falls she is falling with quite an impact im worried she might hurt herself do u think she'll b ok?
magneticblue Posted - 10/01/2009 : 20:54:24
Good news then. You should be fine to handle her now if you want to, although if you only fed her yesterday then I would wait until Sunday
TLT Posted - 09/01/2009 : 20:09:06
wel it happened houdini has shed her skin ,i jst came home n went 2 check on her and jst managed 2 watch her finish i hav checked and it has all come off in one (even eyes) but i was wondering if i shud leave her alone 4 a while or can i hold her as she isnt fully used 2 being handled yet?
TLT Posted - 09/01/2009 : 12:33:41
UPDATE 2 I fed houdini lastnite and her appetite is as gud as ever she is still hitting the pinkies hard and fast so i am starting to relax more now as she is obiously not ill it is a weight off my mind as i previously sed she is my first snake and i dnt want 2 make ne mistakes so thanks 2 all for ur help so far i hope 1da i will b able 2 return t faviour.
Kazerella Posted - 08/01/2009 : 19:34:05
Bet she's due- they normally lose the dullness about 2 days before they actually shed. Not long now!
magneticblue Posted - 08/01/2009 : 16:58:45
So far so good then
TLT Posted - 08/01/2009 : 12:07:34
UPDATE my king houdini came out of her hide lastnight for the first time in a while and she looked gr8 (Healthy) she hasnt shed yet but she has some of her colour back, she only came out for about 10minutes but for me that was gr8 it gave a chance to have a gud look at her to c if she was ok as its difficult wen she in hide as i dnt want 2 disturb her.it is feed day agen today so i wil c if she stil has her appetite and get bak 2 u.
Carl Posted - 06/01/2009 : 21:05:08
Yeah pics would be great
TLT Posted - 06/01/2009 : 17:44:44
thanks guys i had a feeling it might b that but i just wanted to make sure if its ok i will keep u upto date with her progress and wen she fin ill put sum photos on so every1 can see her

thanks again guys
Carl Posted - 06/01/2009 : 17:32:57
My king shed this week(my first time)with exactly the same symptons as yours, I was taken aback by the aggression he showed cos hes not like that at all. Good luck with it though, I dont know if this helps but I found that the false greenery or hanging leaves really helped it was off in about 5 mins all one piece. I've kept the skin and you can see where his eyes have been it's relly cool lol
magneticblue Posted - 06/01/2009 : 16:32:11
Normal shedding behaviour by the sounds of things. After a few days her eyes will clear and she will get some of her colour back, a couple of days later she will actually shed. When she does shed just check that she has got everything off. Double check that her eye caps came away and that her tail is completely clear as well as these are the most common places to have problems although my king has always been a very good shedder
lewy Posted - 06/01/2009 : 15:50:17
Sounds like she is ready to shed - they get a little grumpy when they are ready to shed and normally hide away. Up the humidity a little, maybe add a damp moss hide or mist a little with water. This should aid her with the shedding, also make sure you have a rough stone or hide for her to rub against to get the skin off.

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000