The King Snake Forum
The King Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 King Snake Posts
 King Snake - General Keeping information
 Hi everyone, First post for me.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alberts Keeper Posted - 28/11/2008 : 23:56:50
Hello from Georgia USA. I have just been lucky enough to get Albert, my Banded Albino Cali-King. He is going to be beautiful when he gets a little older and loses his "purple" look (he looks good now though).

I have been doing as much research as I can, but am still looking for any useful information a newbie to the hobby needs. Thanks in advance.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alberts Keeper Posted - 14/12/2008 : 15:20:59
His shed was complete, but in two halves. He had a blemish before and now looks wonderful. Thanks for all the great feedback.
saddleninja Posted - 11/12/2008 : 19:13:41
my cali is a good shedder
Kazerella Posted - 09/12/2008 : 20:14:16
The kings are pretty good at shedding actually- can't remember the last time one of the kings wasn't complete.
magneticblue Posted - 08/12/2008 : 21:22:58
Did he manage to shed in one piece? My king has managed this every time so far and just wondered what other peoples were like
Alberts Keeper Posted - 08/12/2008 : 02:41:40
Yeah, he was "in blue" (even though he is red). Shed thursday and is wonderfully glossy now. Here is a pic right after the shed, hope you like it.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc119/robneck/Prince%20Albert/AfterShed004.jpg

Alberts Keeper Posted - 01/12/2008 : 19:01:15
Yeah, he's got himself a nice little maze of tunnels, as well as "hidden" entrances/exits. He stayed in a hide (for now) last night and today.

Hard to tell since he has red eyes, but I think he might be starting to go into blue. He is rubbing his nose alot and has a very dull look to his color.
magneticblue Posted - 30/11/2008 : 16:34:52
Sounds like he's settling in nicely. Sylar has a network of tunnels running through his aspen, sounds like yours is the same
Alberts Keeper Posted - 30/11/2008 : 00:11:41
I just got all the "furniture" in today and of course he ignored it all and went right to the bottom of the Aspen . I guess in time he will settle down. 1 good thing is that he does not musk on me when I do handle him. I make sure he realizes I am not a threat and move really slow (really slow). He seems very interested in everything around him and likes to "explore" when he is out.
magneticblue Posted - 29/11/2008 : 22:53:56
My mountain king hid away for the first 4 or 5 months but now he's really active. I'm sure yours will be the same when he settles in
Carl Posted - 29/11/2008 : 20:27:18
Yeah my king is still only small about two and a bit feet long but
still has that baby attitude hiding from me or anything that moves lol
Cant wait till hes bigger and realises hes a predator
Darren Posted - 29/11/2008 : 20:12:38
My first snake too she hiding a lot but she seems fine I not handle her fully only gone though my hand in the viv got her from a friend couple of weeks ago slowly getting use to each other she next to the computer and the door open but she stays in her viv up till now give her & me time she big for a first snake
Carl Posted - 29/11/2008 : 16:50:37
Thats a stunning looking snake mate!!!
Alberts Keeper Posted - 29/11/2008 : 13:51:10
Wow! She is beautiful, I can't wait for mine to get a little bigger. How is her temperment? How often do you handle her? Sorry for all the questions, this is my first snake too.
Darren Posted - 29/11/2008 : 10:47:12
Welcome to the forum just looked at your photo you got the same snake as me same colouring.
My first snake she about 4.5 to 5 ft good luck with your .

The King Snake Forum © 2000-08 thekingsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000